The Proposal

Proposal for Project 6 Independent Client

Name:  Ania Olesinska
Proposed working title of project:   You=Hope

Overview
In this project, I am going to work with Big C - charity, supporting people affected by cancer in Norfolk & Waveney. I want to produce a fashion photo shoot and video advertisement involving the clothing sold there. I am also planning to design a leaflet for them that can be used to inform their customers about their products.

Objectives
Through the project I want people from Norfolk & Waveney to see that the clothing from the charity shops are of a good quality, that can be as fashionable as the larger shop brand’s products; therefore being a lot cheaper than in any other store. I hope to encourage people to buy clothes from the charity shop, which would of course help to raise money for the charity.

Deliverables
I am planning to produce a series of photographs that can be used online on the charity website, as a leaflet, fashion magazine or a posters. I am going to film a short fashion advert that can be also shown online on social media or the charity website. All of those will be a part of advertisement/promotion for the Big C and their clothing/accessories.

Target Audience
I am aiming at people from Norfolk & Waveney, both affected (in any ways) and not affected by cancer. Those will be people aged 15 and above.

Tone and Image
The photographs will be taken to look fashionable and professional. I want them to look like advertisement done for brands such as H&M or Chanel. The same thing will be done for the video advert. I want it to look fashionable and modern so it can fit with today's standards of fashion magazines or TV adverts.

Message/Proposition
Clothes from Charity Shops are as good as the ones from larger brands, however buying them helps others.   

Distribution
I am going to send the video advert to my client via website such as Filemail.com. The photos and the leaflet design will be delivered via email. Then the client will be able to share those on their website and other social media accounts or print them out and directly deliver them to their customers. 

Sources of Research
The research on my client will be done through their website and all the links included there. I will ask my client direct questions about the charity as my secondary research. The research based on fashion photography and fashion video advertisement will be done online and through workshops. I will research a variety of different techniques and artists, as well as fashion video advertisement and videos that promote a deeper meaning, for example through slogans or narrative voice. I will also look at music videos and the ways in which the sound and visuals are put together to create an entertaining, fashion video. I will also look at fashion magazines and catalogues.

Possible experimentation areas
I can experiment with different photography and editing techniques. I will look at a variety of artists and fashion photography techniques on which I can experiment, develop and use as my own, unique product. I will use the gained knowledge to mix those techniques within my own work and see what will work best. I will experiment with video and photography editing techniques to make the product more creative and unique. I will also experiment with different locations of the photographs and the video.

Mode of Evaluation
I will be in contact with my client throughout the whole project gathering their opinion on my work, systematically making note of what has been said. When client will exhibit my work to their customers I will ask for their opinion and views on the photographs and leaflets. When the video advert will be shared on social media including YouTube I will be able to read the comments and look at the likes and dislikes underneath of the video. I am also planning to exhibit the photographs around the college and ask for opinion my target audience before delivering the product to my client.

Comments