Contacting the Makeup Artist

I want my project to look as professional as it is possible. I also want it to remain as close to the real fashion photo-shoot that are done for large brands such as H&M, as it is possible.


Therefore I have contacted a makeup artist who could possibly do the makeup and hair for my models.


I emailed her, explaining the idea behind the project and all the possible styles I want to go for.

I also gave her the mood-board and the schedule.


" Hello


My name is Ania and I am Daniel Stapleford's friend from the Media Learning Company Course.


As part of my assessment for the course I need to show that I can work with an independent client to produce a creative media product. 


In this project, I am going to work with Big C - charity, supporting people affected by cancer in Norfolk & Waveney. I want to produce a fashion photo-shoot advertising the clothing sold there.


Through the project I want people from Norfolk & Waveney to see that the clothing from the charity shops are of a good quality, that can be as fashionable as the larger shop brand’s products; therefore being a lot cheaper than in any other store. I hope to encourage people to buy clothes from the charity shop, which would of course help to raise money for the charity.


The photographs will be taken to look fashionable and professional. I want them to look like advertisement done for brands such as H&M or Chanel.


I want it to look modern so it can fit with today's standards of fashion magazines or TV adverts.



I am going for the Street Fashion. The style of clothing that is representative of Street Fashion for example is:


    bohemian style,
    drape jackets,
    drainpipe trousers,
    crepe shoes,
    ripped clothing,
    safety pins,
    bondage,
    provocative T-shirt slogans and logos,
    button-up shirts and oversized clothes

I have also looked at the trends in 2018 and from that I created the mood board which I attached in this email. 

I am also attaching the schedule, which shows when I can take the photos and when i set the deadlines. (the grey and yellow boxes. I can also work weekends and half term, but it all will depend on you as well).


I do not know much about makeup but I would like it to look quite modern or futuristic. 2018 is also a year where we go back to 80s style, so maybe makeup from that era would look cool?

I am looking forward to working with you and I hope to hear from you soon.

If there is anything else you would like to know about the project, please do not hesitate to ask.


Many Thanks

Ania



Comments