The Lenses

For my photoshoot, I have looked at diffeernt ttypes of lenses that I could chose from to take my photos with.

From the beginning I wanted to use short telephoto lens, around 18mm-135mm because this lens would bring the subject of the photo closer and it would have a nice depth of field.
I wanted my subject to be in the full focus and the background to be soften. I also like my subject to be far away and for me to be able to zoom in and focus on the parts that I find important on a particular photo.

I also think that using this lens makes more sense when I am outside and I cannot get everywhere where my subject does. If I was in a studio I would probably use lenses around 18mm - 55mm or prime lenses, where I can get to my subject closer or where I do not have a space to move away from my subject at all. If I was in that situation, I would have my image very large and there would not be much of a focus on the subject.  I would have to have use a low aperture to get low depth of field, therefore, have my background soften.  In a lot of times, studio shoots use their backgrounds as a simple pieces of paper such as pure white or black where the detail does not matter. I do not like to do that when I am outside. Outdoors has lots of going on and the subject of my photograph would completely disappear. That is why I like to use 18mm-135mm and larger lenses going up to 300mm.





▼△


▼△


▼△


Examples: 

High depth of field  

- here I used 55mm lens. I had to be close to my subject. The image is wide and everything stays in focus. 

 Low depth of field

- here I used 200mm lens. The subject stays in focus, the image is sharp and clear. The background is soften.  I was quite far away from the subject.


Comments