The makeup moodboard


I really wanted to go into more futurist style to match with nowadays inspiration of the future and constant questioning of what the future will bring.

We seem to focus a lot on the shapes such as squares and triangles. We outline things since we grown to read logos and images very quickly we like to play with the shapes to create meaning and visual messages.

We also like simplicity. Lines and bold colors seem to be the ones we choose as fashionable and modern.

Personally I love to draw circles and triangles on my characters. I used one of a vintage photos that I found on Pinterest and I painted gold triangles on the model's face.


At first I was going to work with a makeup artist, however they were not available on days when I was going to do the shoot. Later on they also did not contact me back, therefore I decided to do the makeup my self.
On my way I met with another obstacle. My models told me that they have very sensitive skin and they do not want to have makeup on unless its vegan, organic and cruelty free.
I do not own fancy makeup sets, therefore I decided to use digital software to add makeup to some of the photos. I also thought of printing out some of the photographs and work on top of them with pencils, pens, paint etc.

Comments