Fashion Shoot

 Not Edited

These photogrpahs, were inspired by artists such as Richard Avedon, David Bailey or Irving Penn. 

I wanted the shoot to not only sell the clothing but also show the subject and who they are. I wanted them to be as interesting as the piece of clothing on them. To do that, just like Avedon, I went for close ups and medium shots. I have also used 18mm-135mm lens, making sure that I have a low depth of field, behind and next to my subject. I wanted them to be the most important part of the image.  
Avedon has also experimented with movement and spontaneity. Therefore I tried to take photos of my models exposed to wind and while changing poses. I think it gave them very honest, unplanned and fun look. 
Avedon has also worked around nudity, therefore I wanted my model to has some parts of her uncovered. That is why I did show the bottom part of her breast. 
Through that I wanted to show my own message, which states that female breast are not something that should be sexualised and that females are more than allowed to not wear bras and not be hurt by it by other, especially males, either emotionally or physically. I also wanted to show that nipples on females, are just like male nipples and if they are allowed to show them so should me females.

I was inspired by Bailey work, because it looked very youthful and I wanted my work to look simialr, because my target audience were young people, that I wanted to encourage to support charity stores by buying their products.

Penn worked with Japanese fashion designer and he tried to show the movement through the use of the patterns of the fabric that the models were wearing as, as well as the body movement of the subject. I used my model and the shape of the piece of clothing that they ere wearing to express the similar thing.















Edited 

For this photographs I went for the style I showed in my post about possible experimentation with the photographs - http://idependentclient.blogspot.co.uk/2018/02/planning-outfits-and-little-edit.html

I wanted to do it that way, because it felt modern and for me it kind of represents the shape of the kimono and its patterns and movements. 

 1. For the first photo, I made it more clear in Photoshop and then I moved on onto the Pixlr app and added all sorts of layers and shapes to it.





 2. Here I did exactly the same thing, but added the editing technique I have used before - multiplicity and painting on top of layers to reveal each other parts. 

























3. Inspired by the movement and what I have done with it before, when I took photos inspired by Phil, I multiplied the image before editing it. 



 I did not really like it, so  I decided to use another photo. I have multiplied it and change opacity of one of the images so both of they could be visible. I still did not liked it as much. I decided to do the same thing but I flipped the second photo. I liked that one more, because it created some interesting shapes. I decided to edit it using shapes and filters, hoping it will look nice.





I liked this edit a little bit more. It had the modern, unusual vibes. It is uncomfortable to look at. It has lots of details and forces to look for them.


Comments