Photos from the city centre


 Not edited

All of those photos were inspired by a couple of photographers. 

Garry Winogrand

 Inspired by their work, I have taken some photos, making sure that at least one of the subjects does not look at the camera or that the photo frame is dynamic.
 
 Amy Arbus

I tried to pick up the camera at random times and see if my models would start to pose. They did. It goes along with the Winogrand's work, when sometimes only one subject noticed the camera.


Tommy Ton




 Here I asked my models to pose and then I was waiting for some time for them to get bored of one pose and start looking elsewhere or start talking to another model.  



















Edited

For those photos, I decided to make them look old fashion and vintage. I did that because the artists I was most inspired by were artists from 50s. I did not have a chance to use film camera when taking my photographs, so I decided to edit them to look older. 

I thought it could look interesting to mix modern with old. From the beginning of my research I was inspired by both old and modern photographers and I wanted to show that through my photography.

I believe that it can represent the history of street photography and its development on one photograph through taking it in modern times and making them look older.

   
1. Inspired by Garry Winogrand - I made sure that the photo is taken fron unusual angle. I had two unaware subjects. I edited the photo to look like it was taken in the past. I changed its vibrance and saturation. Ten I used app called Pixlr to add different filters which made the photo look a little destroyed. 

 

















I did not want to stop just there. Still inspired by the multiplicity and painting over it, I decided to add extra layer of the original photo on top of the edited version to reveal that it was actually taken in modern days. 




2. Here I did the same thing, but I used a photograph where one of the subjects was unaware of the camera. 

 










I also added some tint, because I really like what I have done with one of the wall photos, where I made the photo with a very low saturation.



In the end I decided to mix Amy Arbus and Tommy Ton styles. I took photos where my subject noticed the camera and starter posing or was posing without looking at the camera. I have also waited a whole for the model to get bored and look away from the camera.

1.  

 


































2.



























Just like I have done with architecture photos, I used the same drawing, but I edited it on Photoshop, trying to "reveal" a color out of the line work, just like I have done here with the vintage edit.
I used Photoshop to add all of the colors. I am not a big fun of the outcome, but as for the first time, I think it is a technique I could develop further.



Here I tried to add some makeup which I planned to do since my models did not wanted to wear makeup. It looks terrible and this is why I did not do it on the actual photos.

In the future, I would like to print the photos out and paint on top of them. 

Comments