Paper to print on

Before I send the photos to the printer I have looked at different possibiliies that I had.

I knew that different paper can give different effects on the photographs. I wanted to know which one sounds like the best option for me.

https://www.macworld.com/article/1150076/printers/printerpaper-basics.html


Gloss and Semigloss 











  






I do not think that it would be a great idea to use this type of paper. I planned to have the photos being displayed in the Big C stores, meaning, they would be behind a glass window that would also reflect light. That way, the photos could look bad. They could even be hard to see.  


If I was to use the photos in a magazine or as a leaflet, gloss would be the best option. 

Matte



Matte paper sounds like something I would go for. I do not want my photos to reflect the light and be uneasy to look at. I want the photos to stay the way they would look like as their digital version with all of the details and contrast. 

Canvas


This sounds like a nice option, however printing photographs on canvas could be too expensive for the college. I think that Matte paper sounds the best so far. 



In the end I have send the photographs to the printer. They have been printed on a semi gloss paper, where the shine is not as strong. That way the photographs looked really nice and they would not reflect so much light; they could be still displayed and look good. 

Comments